Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Day at the Museum


I am so grateful for a lovely day at the museum.

Before attending the exhibit, we had lunch together and enjoyed conversation ranging on many topics.

I noticed the different feelings that came up on various topics.

I am getting more and more aware of how important it is to embrace things in a way that is uplifting.

Looking for solutions, or at least acknowledging that there is one is an important part of staying uplifted.

If you have the gift of humor, this is an important place to practice it.

There is an appropriate way to look at painful moments, and sometimes humor is one of those ways.

We are all here to share our gifts.

There are many places and circumstances which need them.

When you think of yourself as a giver, then you have a much better approach to life.

Policies can be turned around, but while you are waiting, be as authentic in your life as it is possible to be.

There is human dignity no matter what, because it comes from within.

There is true love and compassion no matter what, because you make those decisions for yourself.

I find myself looking for and appreciating these qualities because they contribute more to society and culture than anything else.

I would rather be involved in expressing and creating more of these qualities, than in berating those who are not.

I am sure everyone has their part to play in society, but I am biased toward those who use their power and influence to help everyone uplift themselves.

Please join me in being uplifted and being a compassionate giver.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment