Monday, August 19, 2013

Managing Someone Else's Life


I just realized that I am very susceptible when other people act helpless.

I try to come up with all kinds of helpful suggestions, which is frustrating, because it just makes them mad.

Then I feel all tense and distracted because I am not getting anything done.

It finally occurred to me, that when other people act helpless, that is their choice.

I can be aware of that, but as it is not my life, I am free to go on with my projects and keep my attitude positive and productive.

I am now recognizing, that if I find myself feeling frustrated about someone else, I have been paying too much attention to them.

I have worked hard to figure out my purpose.

My job is to fulfill it.

Anything that gets in the way of that has no place in my life.

I can keep doing what it is I came here to do.

That way, I add to the satisfaction factor for myself.

I keep the atmosphere around me uplifted and happy.

I have quite enough to do managing my own life.

It was not easy to learn how to do it for myself and it may not be easy for someone else to learn how to do it for themselves.

But that is why we are here, to manage our own lives in order to uplift ourselves and to encourage anyone else in the vicinity who happens to notice.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment