Saturday, August 17, 2013

Troward and New Thought


I am reading about New Thought, specifically the lectures on it given by Judge Thomas Troward.

It has taken me a little while to get the rhythm of his terminology, especially since he uses some words in exactly the opposite way that I grew up understanding them.

But as I take my time and even read his essays aloud, pausing at phrases to be sure I understand how his complex sentences are put together, I gain his meaning.

I am grateful for the concept of shaping our lives in accordance with the highest Principle.

I am grateful for the concept that there can only be one Cause.

I appreciate his reasoning through these concepts in order that the people attending his lectures would be able to follow him.

This is a legacy.

A legacy of spiritual thought.

It is so good that he carefully shared his thoughts in a way that can benefit later generations.

It helps me see beyond what I deal with on an immediate basis.

It gives me deep appreciation for the freedoms he describes in aligning my thought with what he calls “Originating Principle” and describes as good.

It is a new discipline and practice to look at things this way. 


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment