Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dread


When I was preparing a meal, I had a light case of dread about how it would be received.

I realized that was a habit from the past where nothing I could do was considered good enough.

Since I had not known how to replace that feeling even though I knew how to do excellent work, and did it, I experienced many more years of instances where what I did was not well-received.

I caught the feeling this time though, and I was able to redirect myself.

I knew that the person I was preparing the meal for enjoyed my cooking and had consistently expressed support for me.

So now, one more old habit has been reversed and laid to rest.

It has no more relevance for me.

Even if it comes up again, I now have a new path for myself, where what I do is well-received consistently.

I don’t know if you can know how that feels, to add another habit of lightness and joy to your life.

But it feels good to me.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment