Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Outreach


I am having the most extraordinary experience.

As I develop my product line and its prototypes, I am envisioning a type of business organization.

It tends to go toward the cooperative or at least profit-sharing.

It is now incorporating job-training skills accompanied by listening to self-improvement CDs all day.

It is also requiring healthy nutrition practices while on the job, and training in how to incorporate them into a healthy life-style over all.

I was very inspired by the job training relationship I observed when I took a tour of the  Askinosie Chocolate Factory (http://www.askinosie.com) in Springfield, MO.  There is a homeless hotel down the street from the factory location.  The factory owner has a program for training and employing workers who need jobs.  This is only one of the many outreach programs instituted by the Askinosie Chocolate Factory.

In reading books like Natural Capitalism, (http://www.natcap.org) (http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Capitalism-Creating-Industrial-Revolution/dp/0316353000/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260296878&sr=8-1) which shows the long-term relationships built by socially and environmentally conscious business owners all over the world and how they are improving their surroundings, it redirects my thought to consider ways to build that into to my product line as well.

I am grateful for these and other books which show positive and sound business practices.  As these are read and practiced, they will permeate and uplift our expectations in businesses.

We can continue taking the steps we see, and listen for other steps to come into our experience.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment