Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our House


I attended a meditation workshop and could not quiet my mind.

I was absorbed in the panic of getting my house ready to show to sell.

Finally, I insisted that my mind be quiet.

I was able to listen and feel the deep peace that pervaded the session.

Towards the end of the meditation, I realized that my panic had been replaced by a deep sense of appreciation for my house.

I realized that it was the manifestation of all the love and protection and enlightenment that had taken place within its walls.

I envisioned myself as I cleaned each part of it saying, “Thank you for your love.  Thank you for your protection. Thank you for your supply.”  I had even had my music studio there for years.

I know now, that as I empty the contents of my house into packing boxes, that I am really filling it with appreciation and acknowledgement of all the growth and spiritual development that has taken place.

Children have grown from elementary school and started their careers.  Thousands of music students have been given skills and inspiration and confidence.

Years and years of knowledge have been acquired and practiced within these walls.

New steps toward preserving and improving the environment have been implemented both within and all around it.

The yard blossoms with perennials and native plants with their varied and colorful seasons.  Birds and bees and butterflies populate it.

New air conditioning, fence, roof, painting children’s rooms as each a new generation of occupants replaced the previous ones.

The improvements within and without are all manifestations of trust in the permanence and presence of God’s care for us and for all the Universe.

Creative uses of all our resources, solving children’s school and social problems, years of coaching homework, creating our own materials and lesson plans for our teaching jobs, this house has nurtured and fulfilled so much for so many for years and years.

It is a profitable house.

It is a creative house.

It is a house of solutions.

It is a house of love.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment