Saturday, February 4, 2017

Knowing Life

There is information and there is life.

The type of information we like to know relates to what we do and who we know and what we and they are doing.

At one point, when I was missing information about a family member, I thought about what I might actually be hearing.

I realized it was those common everyday happenings that I missed.

So, I made some up.

I realized that whether or not they applied didn’t matter.

It was just that I could make them up, and that I could either be satisfied with what I was being told or with what I made up.

So then it didn’t mater to me.

Since I was still out of the loop and it made me sad, I listened for a healing and uplifting thought.

Two thoughts were given to me.

The first one was that I could be happy anyway.

The second one was gratitude.

So every time I thought about my missing person, I reminded myself that it was OK to be happy anyway.

And then I just thought and breathed gratitude until I was as full as I could be.

I just kept practicing this until it became a part of me which I can depend on instead of letting my happiness depend on whether information was being shared or withheld.

The strongest lessons are not easy, but they are the most powerful.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment