Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Spices

The taste of spices fills so much space when eating wonderfully prepared food.

I do not need to eat a lot of food, looking for satisfaction, when the spices provide so much interest.

In my life, I am rarely, if ever, bored.

In my teaching career, I was constantly developing new ways of conveying information.

These resulted in fun, dynamic teaching materials, which gave my students unlimited possibilities.

Now, I continue to develop new ideas and learn new skills to convey them.

They are the spice of my life.

Combined with interesting books, projects and conversations, my life is very satisfying.

The media noise and its emptiness of ever more destructive politics and consumerism have no place in my life.

I am an engaged citizen, in fact, more engaged than when I was keeping a house, raising many children and working demanding steady jobs.

I remind myself of the value of reflection to create an atmosphere of peace, and I take the time to do it.

The demands of a constant learning curve challenge me.

The opportunity for this kind of life exists wherever a person is, although I have found my own outward response in the beautiful surroundings I now live in.

What spices and enlivens my life is the gift of meaningful existence.

There is a purpose to expanding my skills and engaging with the community in new ways.

I give and receive help in a healthy and uplifting exchange.

My life takes on a beautiful balance, with the spice of variety and the comfort of community.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment