Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Personal Courage and Compassion

In the light of more and more revelations about the past, I am developing a lot more respect for myself, both in the areas of personal courage and compassion.

Feeling the feelings and releasing the sensations is not easy.

Numbing myself in order to take care of the daily business of work and raising a family was a persistent and useful coping skill.

Learning to be big enough to accept all my experiences has required a lot of courage.

Discovering a strength I never knew I had to rise up and object is revitalizing.

Learning that it is my right to object to coercive behavior is empowering.

The phrase “brainwashing of the abusers” goes deep.

How to learn about connecting and connections when so many were cut off before they had a chance to develop.

How to cocoon myself in friendships instead of in isolation.

How to enjoy the goodness in me.

How to express my happiness without fear.

These are all steps I am taking.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment