Sunday, May 21, 2017

Finding Freedom Again

Once we find a place of freedom and one of the many ways to get there, we know we can find it again and again.

At some point, we will know how to stay there.

In the meantime, we build up a taste for it, and a desire to experience more of what we have discovered.

I find that when I get thrown off balance, I can breathe deeply and find my way to a quiet moment.

I can expand that quiet moment into a place of inner listening.

As I listen, I regain my sense of direction.

I am undistracted by the noise and conflict around me.

I remember my priorities.

I gain my footing.

I can take the next step.

This is my freedom.

Once I remember who I am and act that way, I am in my place of freedom.

Finding it is difficult at first, but I get better and better at it every time.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment