Saturday, April 22, 2017

Up, Not Down

The tendency to get upset over the news or over personal events can be very tempting.

The price amplifies the discontent and hurt.

Instead, taking a stand, just in general, for finding an uplifting thought, can smooth over rough beginnings, and provide a courageous launch for the day.

Courageous launches may have to be employed on a continuing basis throughout the day as large and small issues come up.

The difference between the end of a day where anger and frustration have been indulged and one where solutions have been sought and found is dramatic.

A day filled with building and amplifying anger feels very different from one where solutions have been sought.

Choosing the type of mental activity gives a person a sense of overwhelming distress or of a few new steps in building an enduring foundation.

As I gained the tools for building an enduring foundation for myself, I continued to have opportunities to see the contrasting results of habitual anger.

Gradually, these have been replaced with more and upward foundation building, and my life has changed in amazing and distinctive ways.

Now, when I feel an overwhelming sense of panic  or anger, I know I am not facing a current situation, merely one that is triggering those emotions.

I can take moment to remember my new steps for building an enduring foundation, and alleviate the symptoms somewhat.

As I practice this, I am reconstituting all the myriad fragments of the charred remains of the anger that was directed toward me.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment