Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Little Messages

This morning, I opened a translation of the Bible into modern English called “The Message”, at Psalm:130.

I bought it at a used bookstore, and it had a bookmark there.

The bookmark was a photograph of a young couple, and it was addressed “To: Katherine”.

That is not how I spell my name, but when I began reading the psalm, I knew why I found it there.

The psalm begins “Help, God - the bottom has fallen out of my life!”

It continues a little later, “As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit.”  

And “with God’s arrival comes love.”

I have been dealing with some challenges, and having to find out a completely new way of dealing with them.

This psalm has some very comforting information in it.

The bottom has not fallen out of my life today, far from it, but it has in the past.

I am grateful for the tools of affirmation and the little messages  that come specifically to us right when we need them.

There are, and always will be, challenges, and there always will be ways of dealing with them, directed specifically to you, even if “the bottom has fallen out of your life”.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment