Wednesday, January 25, 2017

When I Needed Protection

Recently, I found myself worried about going to a meeting.

At the previous meeting, I had received some “unwanted” attention.

I was worried about how to prevent any further interest.

As I pondered how to handle the situation, my mind jumped back to some very troublesome scenarios.

After reliving those for a few minutes, I realized I needed to think in another direction.

Since the past had come up, I realized it was part of the residual memories, not something to worry about for the future.

I thought that it was very reasonable for those old memories to have occurred, because I really didn’t have any other experiences to draw on.

As I calmed down, I listened for a different course of action, one appropriate to my current situation.

I was given an idea and the resources right away.

It occurred to me, that since I had not been wearing a wedding ring for some time, (I had been a professional musician, and then started gardening after that, so I just habitually did not wear a ring), someone in a new situation might have thought I was available, even though my husband and I had just celebrated our thirtieth anniversary.

I found my grandmother’s ring, and put it on, grateful that another generation was there to help me identify myself correctly.

 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment