Monday, January 23, 2017

At My Own Pace

I can go at my own pace and in my own way.

When I listen within, I receive the little ideas.

I take the little steps, over and over again.

At some point, past the slow climbs, I am past the big hurdles.

I don’t know how, but it just happens that way.

When there is enough concentrated effort for the little steps, somehow it gets done.

Don’t get me wrong; it must be an all-out effort over and over again.

But that is how the shell is broken, the strength built up to emerge.

The emergence, indeed, is gentle, but only because of the immense strength that governs the momentum and keeps it manageable.

Freedom is an amazingly gentle experience.

One which proceeds at its own pace, in order to guard and care for the recipient.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment