Friday, January 6, 2017

Beyond Obedience and Discipline

I was raised to be very obedient and disciplined.

Since that was the way I was taught to interact with my parents, I did it to the best of my ability.

Later on, as an adult, I discovered that I was “allowed” to choose things on the basis on my own desires.

It is still a revelation to me.

Now that I am pursuing things that I like to do, I am able to apply aspects of what I learned, but in a very different way.

I can celebrate my imagination and follow through on creating beautiful things.

I can acquire materials which delight me and play with them.

I can create relationships with people based on who I am, not a projected image of who I was disciplined to be.

Life is so enjoyable this way!

It goes beyond being very competent at a skill, to being loved as a distinct individual.

I am so glad to discover this and to be able to live my life freely in a new way.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.lovedcherishedadored.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment