Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Active Replacement

When something becomes emotionally overwhelming, it is necessary to find a replacement.

Even though I cannot change the events, I can change my response.

Since many events are changing all the time, I find replacing them works when I find something that is unchanging.

The only relationship that I am aware of that is unchanging is my relationship to the Universe.

So when things are so disturbing, I go within order to listen for a message there.

The message is usually one of peace.

It comes as a peaceful feeling.

As I breathe deeply and simply experience this feeling, it expands.

I am able to calm myself.

Within this peaceful feeling, if I have anything on my mind, I can listen for ideas.

I will get a sense that I should do something, or more often, just wait.

When I come back to ask again, I will get whichever response is appropriate.

That is how I replace my upset feelings and even panic attacks.

I can replace them with powerful inward listening.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment