Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Other's Opinions

Apparently, opinions of derision trigger powerful downward emotions in me.

They are too familiar.

I have the tools to bring myself back up into my new life of happiness, though, so I am doing it.

I love the new choices I have made to learn to the things I have always want to do.

To go beyond “bloom where you are planted” to find the best ground to grow in.

I am grateful to recognize the feeling of “coming home” and finding comfort I never had before.

I have discovered “place” as its own comfort.

Apparently, as we listen to our inward guidance and begin taking the steps we need to find fulfilling work and purpose, it includes the best place to do it as well.

I was used to cultivating excellence wherever I was, and although this is not a bad habit, it does not go far enough.

It never felt comforting, even though I was doing an excellent job.

So, it has been important as I learned to listen for the first thing, I was led to listen for the next thing.

As this process repeats over and over again, as we listen to our inward guidance, it fills in all the gaps.

It even erases the old effects of other’s opinions.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment