Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Only One in the World

I am remembering the story of “The Little Prince” by Antoine de St. Exupery. 

When The Little Prince describes his rose, she is the only one he has ever seen.

I am realizing that I am the only one in the world who is like me, and that the things I like to do are fine, that the way I like to spend my time is fine, that my choices and preferences are all fine.

They are not like other people’s and of course, that is what makes me unique.

Although I have given much thought to the uniqueness of each of us, I am appreciating my own, today.

It is nice to discover that it is OK to do things simply for the enjoyment of doing them.

Some of them have practical results, but some of them do not, unless you count being happy a practical result.

Since I now have the choice to invest my time in things that make me happy, I do count that as a good result.

I like being the only one in the world like me.

I love what I do.

I adore the things that I make.

I love making them.

I love spending my time in such pleasing ways.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment