Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Alerted to Healing

As I listened to my thoughts,  I realized I was holding onto a tragic emotional scenario.

I decided to write out the scene so that I could look at it and see what it was saying.

I wrote up several events that were contributing.

As I read them back to myself, they lost some of their significance.

I could see how, over time many aspects had been able to resolve themselves in entirely different ways from the way I was looking at them.

I gave myself permission to quit holding onto them so tightly and so painfully.

I wrote a poem celebrating my uncertainty and my release.

I observed a spider in a corner of my porch who weaves a new web every time hers is destroyed.

I continue to cross my new threshold into healing.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment