Monday, December 8, 2014

The Essential Core

Driving around to various grocery stores to get special ingredients, I felt somewhat removed from the holiday frenzy.

I kept myself relaxed intentionally.

What I then had time to notice, was that no one else was smiling or relaxed.

Everyone had a definite purpose, and they were all tense and in a hurry.

I am making a conscious practice of meditating and studying about deep values every day.

I want those to be uppermost in my thought whatever I am doing, even simple day-to-day things.

When I am listening for a creative idea, or an idea to fulfill a particular purpose, I get quiet and consult my deep inner peace.

Now, I am doing this on and off during the day, and especially when I need to go out and run errands.

I want to be sure that I am contributing consciously to the atmosphere around me, and that what I am contributing is uplifting.

Otherwise, I am part of the increasing miasma produced by media influences.

So, I enjoy getting a deep quiet look at the essential core of my being, and then keeping that feeling with me as much as possible.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment