Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Quiet Holiday

We checked into a local motel for our quiet holiday.

We stayed up late reading and working on projects.  

I now have an almost finished printed denim skirt and jacket.  

Five of my hand-embroidered pillow tops have progressed to their first border.

We brought some home canned MRE’s and home made yogurt with us and ate out once each day.

We went to a couple of movie theatres for a couple of movies.

We read some more.

I finished two books.

It was relaxing.

We are not stressed out.

After I dropped my husband off for a full day of pinewood derby workshops, I checked out of the motel and went to the library.

I read.

I finished knitting a set of wristies.

I finished the third row on an extremely long crocheted scarf.  It is approximately sixteen feet long!  What was I thinking?!  I finished it off.  I will just add a very wide lace border to finish it sometime next year.

I checked out a new book.

I look forward to more of this in the future.

Such a great experience.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment