Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Am Worth It

One of the biggest hurdles for me is to ask for help.

Since I was tiny, I have always been independent.

On top of that, there was a caveat in my family not to talk about our troubles.

So, I learned to find a lot of solutions for myself.

Or, I buried the problems in order to get on with my life.

Some of those solutions have come many, many years later, as I read more widely and took workshops on self-improvement and spirituality.

But, of course, there are times when even the most independent and resourceful person needs to ask for help.

So that is what I am still working on.

There are appropriate places to get help for whatever you need.

People’s businesses provide all kinds of solutions.

That is how they are fulfilling their purpose.

There is no shame in asking for help, because we are not meant to live completely alone trying to solve our problems with the tools we already have.

People want to help us, and some of them have better tools.

But still, it feels hard when it is such a habit.

Another aspect of this is, it does not make the other party wrong when I need to have a product or a situation corrected.

It means that they still have the opportunity to make their service or product better, and to make it serve my needs as well as everyone else’s.

I deserve the goodness that everyone else has access to.

I, too, deserve and have the right to everything working well for me.

I, too, am good.

I, too, am worth it.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment