Friday, February 7, 2014

Making Art

It is so fulfilling to draw, quilt, dance, make music.

It lets a person move into a different dimension, a different state of mind.

After posting photo of a new quilt top and a new drawing of a bird, I have moved myself back into the dimension of creating it.

It is so fulfilling, after going through the process of all the sewing, or creating all the lines and shapes and textures, to see the completed project.

It inspires the next ones.

All the baby steps, all the little skills, contribute to the whole.

I watch my attitude as I am in the creative mode, which is most of the time.

I only want good feelings to go into what I am making.

I love the concentration where I forget how much time is involved.

I am solely in the moment.

Each step leads to the next and the next.

Even though I might be able to see where I am going, it is still a refreshing and fulfilling moment to arrive, and sometimes a complete surprise in a different direction.

Make art.  Make more art.  Create.  Live.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment