Thursday, December 12, 2013

Reversing Pain

Anything which causes pain can be reversed.

An audacious statement until we remember that our thoughts create conditions for us.

Start with a simple experience and practice it until it works.

For the thousand times I have simply reviewed a painful memory, I now dedicate myself to ten thousand times of realizing the value of replacing it with gratitude for the growth I am about to receive.

For the thousand times I have regretted my acts in a particular situation, I now dedicate myself to finding the value in reversing my attitude toward myself with forgiveness.

Every time I do this, I lessen the effects of condemning myself further.

Every time I take away some of the self-condemnation, I lessen the pain.

Every time I move into forgiveness, I take off some of the weight and the pain from the remembered situation.

As I trust myself to move into less pain about an experience, I trust myself to investigate further reversals of pain.

As I investigate them, I find I am willing to trust the views of alternative practices.

Even though I do not have their vocabulary, I see evidence in the many hundreds or thousands of years of health and well-being of many thousands of followers.

I am willing to take a look.

With my willingness, I open myself to the possibility.

When I find a principle which appeals to me, I can begin the consideration and practice of that principle.

When I apply myself to the ten thousand times I reconsider my pain in the light of this new principle, I am rebuilding my thousands of thoughts about it.

I am willing to see what will happen.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment