Friday, December 27, 2013

Outgo

“Outgo” is as important as income.

We must have a place to give, contribute, “release our hidden splendor”, (as Robert Browning puts it), in some way.

There must be people who appreciate it and can use and benefit from what we have to offer.

Perhaps part of the healing process is finding a tribe.

It is important to be in a stimulating atmosphere as well.

You want feedback that is innovative and challenging and uplifting.

A group that supports what you are doing and gives you feedback plays an important part in your outgo, valuing you and giving you a way to work out what the next step is.

I know I love the communities that I am a a part of.

There is a continuing relationship, but there is always that “coming back to” that brings something new the next time.

Something ongoing and something that allows room to grow.

Something going out and something coming back in creates the balance.

My quilting and knitting guilds provide camaraderie with a common interest and continual education.

My spiritual center presents new and innovative ideas to consider while being around people who are looking at things that way, too.

My fiber artist friends and on-line artist friends are using materials and design in innovative and imaginative ways.

The support is really great in these groups.  Sometimes you are trying an established technique and sometimes you are seeing imaginative new applications.

I feel as though I am beginning to touch the circles I need in some of the ways that I also need to be touched.

I am growing outward from a new center.

I am definitely gaining much more to offer.

I am grateful to be a unique individual with a generous viewpoint.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment