Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Food Prep

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Such a fulfilling food prep day.

I began with a meatloaf, mixing in a cup of black rice (no glutenin), and homemade salsa.

Next a platter of tomatoes and homemade ricotta cheese, very creamy.

I followed that with a double batch of oil-roasted green beans.

And now I have cut up and placed a cabbage-broccoli kim-chee in jars to ferment for a couple of days before being refrigerated.

Next, will be two kinds of smoothies, carrot-kale and broccoli-celery-garlic.

A potato leek soup will follow.

Canning the apples and citrus will take place all during the week.

There is something about preparing good food from scratch that is so fulfilling.

There has been no rush.

I even had time to visit with a cousin and tune an autoharp for a school music program.

I know we will feel the good effects not only of the nutrition (following Weston A. Price and Wheat-Belly practices), but also of the pace and deliberation of the preparation.

You are welcome to join me anytime.

Bon apetite!


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment