Monday, July 22, 2013

Limitless Horizons


Running along on my little wheel of past events, I used all my tricks and techniques to calm myself down and get back on my new track.

I cooked, I knitted, crocheted, embroidered, read some spiritual literature.

I finally decided to resort to reading fiction.

On the way to get my book, I realized I had not worked on my spiritual blogs.

As I sat down with my book, I found my gaze lifting up, above the treeline on our hills.

There is limitless vision there.

The sky just goes on and on and on.

I, too, have limitless horizons.

I am certainly not bound by any events or practices of the past, no matter how brutally imprinted.

I can choose what and how I think about things.

Here I am once again, choosing my new direction.

I am reflecting back on watching a heron in the creek, standing still, and then striking out for a fish in the water.

The heron stood so still, moving only occasionally, so slowly that nothing was disturbed, even the fish.

I, too, can observe quietly and move slowly.

When it is time, I can take desired or necessary action.

There is no race on.

I am taking my life step by step.

I am grateful for the progress.

I am grateful for the unlimited horizons even from where I am now.

© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment