Sunday, July 7, 2013

Definition


Today I discovered the power of definition.

I was feeling insecure and unhappy, so I took a new approach.

I defined my self as “security” and I defined myself as “happiness”.

What a difference a turn of language makes.

Instead of worrying about being secure or happy, I became “security”;  I became “happiness”.

Looking at it from the inside, that is holding security and happiness within, I could then share them with myself.

As I became aware of just how deeply they reside within me, I realized I could not become secure and happy is these states were already within me.

Once again, I had to release them in order to feel them.

What  a great new approach.

As a being of security and happiness, it is my business to express them.

That is why I am here.

It is how I live.

I live to express security and happiness, along with many other fine qualities.

They are all within me.

That is my definition of my life.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment