Monday, July 8, 2013

A Cool Breeze


A cool breeze is so refreshing when you are out camping or working outside.

It is comforting because it cuts through the otherwise hot temperatures.

Looking at the layers of green in the woods across the meadow feels so refreshing.

Sometimes, during hot August in the city, I would deliberately drive past a house with a lush natural landscape.

I just needed to see green.

It was all “planted by the birds” the owner told me.

As I am transforming my lawn into a lush paradise, some of it is also “planted by the birds”.

The refreshment provided by Nature cannot be underestimated.

Sometimes when I am creating a design, I get that same sense of relief and refreshment as I place objects on a background.

Life is not cut and dried.

It is not predictable.

It is art when we give it room to be.

Art, music, design, dance are the cool breezes to our soul.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment