Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Can always Choose for Myself


 

Victor Frankl, in Man’s Search For Meaning, discovered that he could choose his attitude toward things which happened to him.

As a twelve-year-old he faced an extreme situation, living in a Nazi concentration camp.

In our own challenging situations, we can choose our attitude in facing them.

I am learning to be more consistent in choosing attitudes which I can control.

There are so many situations, worldwide, local, personal, that are out of my control.

But I can choose my attitude toward them.

And I can take better care of myself by doing so.

I am learning the steps that are most effective for me.

It is just like learning any other skill.

I am learning not to get caught up emotionally in someone else’s situation.

I am choosing to redirect my attitude away from things that I cannot control.

I am learning to give all my attention to my projects.

I am choosing to be true to myself by honoring the Universe which sends me ideas.

That is what I choose.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment