Thursday, October 4, 2012

Forceful Disrespect and Bullying


 

Bullying is in the news quite a bit recently.

There are many ways of showing forceful disrespect and I have decided that is bullying also.

Recently I shared an article with someone who has strong opinions.

I appreciated the way the article presented a broader view.

I felt it was a gentle, reasoned and persuasive way of looking at a situation.

What I received back were crude images with great emotional impact which were shocking to me.

Although the person’s words were civil, the images were not.

It showed me that I had presented something threatening, even though I thought it was well-reasoned.

The person did not give reasons for his point of view; it was just shoved at me in a way to shock and crush any type of response.

I did manage to respond civilly.

And to walk away.

I do not need to be around a bully.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment