Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Acting on My Own Feelings

I am recently discovering that I have my own feelings.

They have been buried for decades due to coping with early childhood abuse.

Acting on my own feelings is a new thing to do.

It is an entirely new approach to my life.

I can actually take the time to think about how I feel about something.

I have not built the automatic connections which come with the freedom of being safe.

I am analysing each situation in terms of how I feel.

Usually, I have an automatic reaction of numbing inward focus, although few, if any, have ever noted it.

My ability to observe and move into my own feelings is an entirely different experience.

I am exploring it carefully.

I am discovering a whole range of feelings which I never knew I had.

In between the extremes of despair and jubilance are thousands of other nuances.

Each tone is appropriate for a different situation.

These tones and nuances of feelings move gracefully across the spectrum of emotions.

With a range of feelings, there is room for expression.

A range of feelings precludes a build up of frustrations and emotional outbursts.

A range of feelings can be experienced before dipping down to depression.

A whole appropriate range of feelings is available for many wonderful kinds of expression.

What a joy to discover this rich resource of feelings and to gain access to it.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment