Thursday, June 6, 2019

When Someone Gets It Right

There is a deep peace and a feeling of alignment when someone gets it right.

In reading Even Ensler’s latest book, “The Apology”, I respect how she defines the exact nature of her father’s abuse.

As she searches for a way to understand his background and to write the meaningful apology which she never received, she reconciles the disparity of her life and its meaning.

Reading her book, I was struck by how many points of insight she revealed to me about my own father and his background.

I am immeasurably grateful for the tools which I had and which I used in order to guide my life after the cruel misdirection which I received.

Ensler’s ability to communicate so accurately and directly tells the story in a way that gets it right.

This shows her immense compassion for herself as a little girl and gives all of us permission to see ourselves in a compassionate way.

She releases the guilt and wrongful sense of responsibility we may have been carrying about our childhood abuse.

She allows us to see our own situations through the eyes of a disturbed adult male.

She allows us to see the shifting family dynamics which fell into line behind him.

Each of us who has found her way out has deep strength and resilience.

We can continue to release ourselves from bad practices against ourselves.

We can begin to act in our own good self-interest.

We can develop healthy ways of treating ourselves.

We can practice positive ways of self-affirmation.

We, too, can look at the background of our abuser and get it right.

We can move ourselves off our misaligned foundation and rebuild it.

I feel so strengthened by Ensler’s revelation through her book.

I have worked my way through and out of so many bad influential factors from my backgroud.

I see this book as a redirection of all our efforts.

Men have the opportunity to look at their privilege and its innate authority and how they are using it.

The possibility and necessity of reform includes many of the hidden drivers of our society.

I am so grateful for this book, “The Apology”, and how it presents the possibility of serious reform in our worldwide awakening conciousness.


© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment