Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Government from Within

When I consider the weakness of the political system, I am led to consider government from within.

Regardless of the way voters are being treated, I can be kinder, more compassionate.

Regardless of the way districts are gerrymandered, I can be generous to all.

Regardless of the special interests, I can be interested in the well-being of all.

Regardless of the emphasis on endless, pointless war, I can resolve the little irritations of my life more and more quickly.

Regardless of politics for personal gain, I can be thankful for those who are showing us the weakness of the system, and look for ways of accomplishing good for all in other grassroots ways.

We all have the ability to become more deeply conscious of why we are on this earth in this form.

We all the opportunity to widen our outreach and acquire the skills to communicate better.

We can all do more little things to help build community.

These are all steps which help create good government from within our own consciousness and within our own communities.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage



No comments:

Post a Comment