Friday, November 14, 2014

You're My Friend, I'm Your Friend

I am building community from within.  

Whenever I see anyone, I now think in terms of our friendship.

We have been harassed into competing and isolating ourselves from one another, and yet, as humans, we thrive in community.

I walk around in a state of appreciation for whatever I see.

When appropriate, I offer sincere compliments.

Otherwise, I just send appreciative energy.

I notice more isolation than ever before - the few children who still walk home from school, people sitting by themselves in coffee shops - I’m one of them, although I’m sure we are all working.  I nod when I walk by them.  Sometimes they nod back.

It is fun to initiate conversations while in line at a store.

Admiring people’s children is always a good opening.

Asking about recipes when I am in an ethnic grocery is also a sincere opportunity.

I love connecting and I am creating more opportunities to do so.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment