Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I Am My New Own Parent

I have moved into a new phase of parenting myself.

I am living a new life, freer and freer of the old constraints and memories.

I have forgiven my parents.  They were working with their own limited resources.

I am expanding mine.

I am building on the good foundations they did give me and I am building new and better ones for myself.

I a listening within for guidance, and I am drawing the resources to me to follow through.

Mostly, I am listening closely to who I am and honoring her.

I am responsible for filling my needs in the best ways that I can.

My parents could only do so much.  They, too, had to discover their own identities.

I am glad I am moving past the old limitations, and building new foundations and learning how to be my own new parent.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment