Saturday, September 20, 2014

When the Universe Insists

When the Universe insists on giving you a gift, circumstances will concur so that even if you refuse it the first time, it will show up in your life anyway.

This is my conclusion after an experience which I had.

I had paid for two mattes to be cut to frame a needlepoint which I finished after many years.

Since the store worker had measured them, when they didn’t fit, they recut them, this time measured by a different person.

When I went back the second time to pick them up, the store person who had measured them correctly offered to mount the needlepoint in the frame with the two correctly cut mattes.

I declined, saying that I had not paid for them to do that.

A few months later, we packed up everything and moved to another state.

I took my needlepoint and mattes to the new frame shop to get the staples I needed to finish the job myself.

While I was there, the worker showed me how to install the staples and then just did it herself.

There was no charge.

This is what leads me to this conclusion, that when the Universe wants to give you a gift, circumstances will tend in that direction.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment