Friday, January 31, 2014

Releasing

My lowest point is becoming much higher as I release negative memories and habits from the past.

It is like a new set-point on any other accomplishment.

Improving typing speed.

Increasing endurance.

Learning more words in a new language.

I am learning to apply the strategies and steps to raise other low points which were unconscious habits.

When I find myself returning to a habitual negative memory and the feelings it floods me with, I realize I have the choice to redirect and rewrite my thoughts.

When I find the right statement which exactly describes the low feeling, and this is the crucial step which takes practice, I can reword what I want to hear.

Practicing my new language requires lots of repetition, but every time the memory and feeling is triggered, it actually rewrites my life and changes my feelings and experiences.

No matter how persistent the memory is, no matter how deeply imprinted the negative emotional experience is, I can redirect my life through this process.

I am noticing how I just don’t get so low anymore.

It just stops and I find myself redirecting to happier feelings.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment