Friday, January 3, 2014

OK To Be Me

An internet cafe that I frequent often will happily make any of their coffee drinks in a decaffeinated version for me.

But what I really like to drink is decaffeinated tea, so I carry teabags with me.

I pay for a coffee drink, but then I get hot water for my tea.

Because I did not make myself clear this time, I ended up with a little tiny cup of hot water in a “logo” cup.

As I explained that I wanted hot water for my decaffeinated teabag, I was told that the cafe itself served several kinds of decaffeinated teas.

I was glad to order one and everyone apologized for the misunderstanding, and then I was taken care of.

Little stuff like that often sends me into a mild panic attack, and so I was grateful to get it straightened out and also to find out that I can order what I like when I want to go there.

The sense of loving myself enough to take care of what I actually want is still relatively new to me.

But the Universe has created us as individuals and wants us to express it, even in little things like what we like to drink.

I corrected another little thing earlier today.  My printer order was two-sided instead of single-sided as I had designed it.

It makes a difference to my customers when they are reading something, so I design it with that flow in mind.

I called the printer back and they corrected it so that I was able to return and pick it up during my same errands run.

What I know now:

I no longer have to creatively accommodate someone else’s mistake.

I no longer have to order something that I don’t want in order to get what I do want.

These little misunderstandings which were turned into understandings make me feel good.

It is OK to be who I am.

It is OK to be me.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment