Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Simple Happiness and Delight


I woke up this morning and thought about simple happiness and delight.

What if those were the point of our lives and not competition and the work ethic?

What if our purpose and efforts were to acknowledge and provide simple happiness and delight?

What would I do?

I would let people know I recognize who they are, in the spirituality of their identity.

I would grow flowers and share them.

I would let them know I appreciate what they do.

I would see them in their higher purpose and recognize a temporary identity in what they present right now.

I would provide a harmonious backdrop to what I see in the world.

I would cultivate qualities of peace and understanding in myself.

Another change I am noticing is not pushing myself to do things.

Instead of coercing myself, I am realizing that they can be accomplished differently, through happiness and delight.

When I see Bed and Breakfast businesses, their rooms always look delightful.

Without pushing myself, but by cultivating happiness and delight, I am thinking that would be a charming way to live.

What will it bring into my life?


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment