Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gently


I have embraced a whole new perspective.

It is invading and taking over my psyche, my genes, the way I relate down to the minutest part of me.

As I do my daily chores, there is a gentler spirit in me.

I am leaving behind all the pressure and despair of my early training.

I had no idea those attitudes could get in so deep as to be undetectable.

But those are not mine.

Mine is a gentler spirit, a considerate, kind and respectful one.

It moves gently as it can.

It is not tense and irritated.

It is almost tentative, but moves smoothly and gently onward.

This is a life separate and apart from anything I have ever known.

A gift from shifting my perspective.

A gift I did not even have the vocabulary to ask for.

A gift so complete in the moment, that I don’t know where the next step will take me.

Do I need a next step?

There is always a next step.

I will take it gently, I think.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment