Sunday, January 4, 2015

Taken Care Of

I felt so taken care of this morning when I went to pick up my co-p box of fruits and vegetables.

The woman who helps organize the co-op has that wonderful quality of being able to recognize members even if we don’t order regularly.

She has the kind of mind that remembers orders and groups them together conveniently, and today, she also helped me carry my order to my car.

I was so happy I had made some grocery bags which I repurposed from fifty lb. onion bags, so  that I could give her one that she chose for herself.  She volunteered to save empties for me when there are onion or potato orders in the future.

Someone else who is taking care of me is a local deli which is saving empty five gallon food grade pickle buckets.  I am repurposing them into container gardens.

I usually go by every couple of days, generally calling ahead of time so I don’t waste a trip.  I went by the day after Christmas, and then did not check in for a week.

When I went by the day after New Year’s they had saved ten buckets.  I usually get one or two at a time from them.  It was fantastic.  They are really working to support me.

And then the young man who brought them out insisted on carrying them to the car.

I have been living a persistent idea of “giving more”.  

That is the idea which came to me when I hit a crisis to figure out why I am here and what it is that I have to offer.

I am choosing to share ideas which come to me in various ways.  

Some ideas are teaching ideas, inspirational ideas, practical ideas.

Some have a price, some are free.

But releasing them where they can be useful is the main key for me.

I am “releasing the hidden splendor” of the ideas which come to me.  (From a Robert Browning poem.)


Doing so enriches me and it also enriches the receiver.

And doing so allows me to be cared for.

The idea of doing things in order to “give more” comes back in so many ways.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment