Monday, January 26, 2015

How I Make Sure

The ways that I am learning to make sure that I love, cherish, and adore myself is to honor my preferences.

For so long, I overrode everything.

It was how I was raised.

To be correct.

So I was.

But the gap kept getting wider and wider between being correct to other people’s standards and preferences and not being even remotely true to myself, whoever that was.

As the gap got wider and wider, I got sicker and sicker.

Anxiety, which had been a part of my life since I was born, developed into more and more severe physical symptoms until I was bleeding internally.

That was when I began looking around at my life.

I wasn’t doing anything wrong, but it wasn’t working for me.

So I quit everything I was doing, just I could listen.

And what I heard was very surprising to me.

It was the story of my heart.

Of what I truly loved.

And I hadn’t been doing any of it.

As I listened, I began noticing things that I loved, things I had tucked into the corners of my life, and I began doing them.

They were not monumental.

They were just simple things.

But it made such a difference to me.

I could give myself permission to be involved in simple things that gave me pleasure and enjoyment.

What a revelation.

And so, that is what I do now.

I am engaged in wonderful and simple things which I enjoy.

And my body has calmed down.

And I live much better nowadays.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment