Sunday, August 31, 2014

When the Kid's Don't Call

When I found myself wishing our adult children would initiate contact with us, and remembered how I was brought up to write weekly letters to both sets of grandparents and generally account for myself to my parents, I had to come up with a different viewpoint.

With electronic communications, there are plenty of ways to be in touch with family members and to have a general sense of their welfare, and also their independence.

So what was I missing?

I finally realized that I was already involved in a second career of my own choosing, and that I had time to devote myself to self-improvement studies as well.

I would never have had the opportunity to do either of those things to the scale that I am, if I were intimately involved with the day to day activities of my adult children and their children.

So, even though I would like to hear from them more often, when I think of them, I simply pause to get a sense of who they are in their highest nature, and then, with that reassurance, I return to my own work and the practice of my own peace.

Through my study, I am gaining a higher understanding for myself of the higher nature of all people, including the ones I know and the ones I don’t know.

I am helped onward in the development of my own work as well, and it is fulfilling for me to see my unlimited opportunities stretching ahead, even as a grandmother.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment