Sunday, August 17, 2014

Getting Used to My New Life

Even though I have planned for a new location and discovered a new career, it still takes some getting used to.

It is OK to do the things I have wanted to do.

It is OK to discover and overcome difficulties I did not anticipate.

It is OK to be more patient with myself.

It is OK to enjoy what I am doing non-stop.

If I had not had the guts, (i.e. been forced by intolerable circumstances), to design a new life for myself, I would be going down a very different road.

And I did not want any more of that road.

So, here I am in my new life, exploring what it means to be around new people and new places.

I am discovering that I am not tied to my old identity with people I am meeting for the first time.

I am able to respond to new situations from the different base I have given myself.

I can take the time to figure out how to do the new things I am encountering.

It’s OK if things don’t work out the first or several times.

I will just try it again a little later.

Every time a take a step in my new direction, I am amazed.

I am doing it.

It is happening.

Who knows?

I may even get good at this!


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment