Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Tractor Beam of the Familiar

Oh, it is strong.

The return to the familiar.

It pulls and tugs.

Even though it has been replaced with something new and better, it activates itself.

When I am happily moving along my new path, something will remind me of the old one.

And then the tractor beam activates.

I have to stop myself to remember why I am here, now, in my new place.

As I do that, the pull recedes, and I move at my new pace, in the new direction which I have chosen.

I am building more and more for myself on new beautiful ground.

I know that as I remain faithful to my new vision, it will continue to fill me with new experiences.

The old ones will have less and less of a place.

My heart and actions will tie me to this new, beautiful one.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment