Sunday, August 10, 2014

Discovering What Is Important...Again

Even as I begin living my lifelong dream, I find I am drawn back to old habits.

I am so used to my old profession, which I enjoyed very much, that I find myself being attracted to locations where I can practice it again.

But wait!

I worked very hard to get to my dream location so I could do my new dream work.

So, what am I doing?

I am reminding myself of what is important to me.

By visiting old locations, I am reminding myself of what was in the past.

And then, I am remembering the effort and rigor and persistence and creativity that it took to change direction.

And that is what is important to me.

I am opening up a new form of expression for myself.

I am making it possible for me to uplift others and to inspire them to find their gift and to do it.

It is easy to line up with who I was.

But it is fulfilling in an entirely different way to be who I am now.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment