Saturday, May 18, 2013

Practice Happiness


It has taken a long time for me to learn how to be happy on demand.  

What I am working on now is happiness all-the-time.

But having an alternative to turn to happiness is pretty great.

I began practicing happiness because I was tired of practicing mad.

I decided to get out of the being mad habit.

As I noticed the times I would get mad, I would evaluate whether it was worth it, or if it moving me in a productive direction.

Usually the answer was “no”.

So I decided to catch myself and turn to happiness instead.

It has been so interesting to watch this take place.

Transitional times can be quite interesting.

As I start to go for the familiar reaction, instead I consciously choose to do somethng new.

Dr. Joe Dispenza talks about how to rewire your brain in his book Evolve Your Brain.   
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Dr+Joe+Dispenza+Evolve+Your+Brain

So I have been building the habit of turning to happiness.

The event that triggers my response does not have to make me happy at all.

But I can choose not to have the mad feeling permeate my mind and body.

I can choose to have the happiness feeling permeate my mind and body and then I can choose what I want to do about it.

It is amazing.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment