Sunday, May 12, 2013

Every Day is Mother's Day


If you are a mother, you know that every day and every night is your time.

You take care of your children by all the thoughts that you put into raising them.

Mine usually went along these lines.

What are the things which will give my child what he or she needs in order to grow up to be safe, to be a contributor to society and civilization, and to appreciate the arts?

So we worked on good manners.

We worked on good grammar and patterns of speech.

We worked on moral character.

We worked on daily housekeeping and cooking skills.

We went to dance concerts and symphony concerts.

I helped with homework until the children were good readers and whenever they needed extra explanations in math, as long as I was able to follow what they were learning in school.  And then I got them tutoring.

I gave them lessons - karate, dance, music, sewing, cooking.

I transported and fed and clothed them.

I invited their friends over.

I encouraged them to spend time with their friends.

I was picky about their friends.

I was picky about their hygiene.

I was picky about their education.

I was picky about their vocabulary.

And we did daily spiritual study to give them a vocabulary for understanding themselves in terms of infinity, immortality, eternity, and divinity and how those translate into compassion, consideration, uplifting, and contribution.

All in all, I think it has been a pretty good run.

I get feedback from time to time in various ways that lets me know this is so.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment