Sunday, March 17, 2019

Finding My Place

I am finding my place in a new way.

It is not by doing things.

It is by observing things.

I am in a new place where my role is mostly observation.

I have a little bit of interaction here and there, but mostly, I observe.

I notice the feelings in the interactions around me.

There is no competition or comparison.

People generally seem to be comfortable with who and where they are.

Compared to where I have been living, there is a real lack of tension and fear and anger.

It is something quite real, in the air, in the gentle camaraderie around me.

People are trusted and treated with consideration.

I am obviously a tourist and often help is volunteered.

People are busy and engaged and very willing to help.

There is an efficiency, almost an abruptness, which is just a characteristic style of interacting.

I have a feeling also of being observed, but not criticized.

I often receive direct, compassionate help.

I like the feeling here.

I like how people treat each other.

I like fitting in, even temporarily, in this place.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment